I am a Veggie

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Day 1

Wow. Here it is. I am cutting out meats. Wow. My whole life has revolved around beef. Veggies were only in the sauce between the spaghetti noodles and the meatballs.

Joanna doesn't like meat. I am doing this for our health and to support her feelings on killing animals for food. Yes, she's 4 and may grow out of it... but I will never make anyone else not eat meat around me. Everyone chooses how to nourish their bodies. This is how I will nourish mine.
We're starting with baby steps. Today, no meat with restricted carbs.

For breakfast, we made omelets. Joanna got plain eggs, I had an onion omlette, and Ron got onion and tri-colored pepper omlette.

Right now, there is a quiche in the oven:

1 pie crust
4 cloves garlic (finely minced and sauteed.)
1/2 a stew onion (minced very fine to hide them from J and sauteed with the garlic)
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 tomato (cubed)
5+ eggs
broccoli florettes to cover the bottom of the dish
1/2 tsp rosemary leaves
salt and pepper splashes

oven at 350 for 40-50 mins.
Cooking now. Will let you know if it's palatable for the reluctant vegetarians in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home